Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Old Fashioned Ways

Growing up, my dad was a teacher. He was and still is working in education (I guess you can tell what sparked my interest in becoming a teacher). Because of this, I know the ins and outs of teachers's duties and I already had a perception of what a teacher does, before I began my mentorship. It is surprising to me to say that not much has changed from my dad's teaching experience from ten years ago. Sure, teachers have new gadgets and gizmos, but they are still teaching and doing the same things. Most jobs these days are changing rapidly and new tasks are being added to each job. For teaching, you are still making and giving tests, grading assignments, and teaching the same curriculum, and that is really comforting to me. They might do these tasks in a different way, but it is still the same as it has been this past decade. Even the very tedious and routine task of grading work or grading a project is mostly done with the always classic, red pen, like always. These tasks can take hours to do, but it is nice to see how important it is by taking the time to complete it. Sometimes, the old fashioned ways of completing tasks is always the best way.

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment